“A Very Merry Bari Christmas” with the Ryan Middagh Orchestra
“A Very Merry Bari Christmas” with the Ryan Middagh Orchestra in the brand new Jazz Cave at the Nashville Jazz Workshop on Friday, December 3rd, 2021. The band takes the stage at 7:30pm CST (Doors at 7pm).
Doors 7pm, Show 7:30pm
GET IN-PERSON TICKETS $30/$15 STUDENTS W/ I.D.
Ryan Middagh – Baritone Sax and Bandleader
ABOUT RYAN MIDDAGH
Comprised of world-class musicians based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ryan Middagh and his Jazz Orchestra seek to show that Music City is a great home for the large jazz ensemble.
The members of Middagh’s ensemble include top-call studio musicians, touring artists, music educators, and fellow composers and arrangers. Ryan, a producer, saxophonist, composer, arranger and educator is Director of Jazz Studies at Vanderbilt University’s Blair School of Music; a native of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Middagh has called Nashville home since 2007.
The jazz orchestra founded in early 2018 is a life-long dream as well as a vehicle for Middagh’s compositions and arrangements. The ensemble has collaborated with special guests including Keb’ Mo’ and Wycliffe Gordon and works to feature the artists in the ensemble, such as saxophonists Jeff Coffin and Don Aliquo, and vocalist Bethany Merritt. The orchestra’s 2019 album, Live From Nashville, is the recipient of a Global Music Award, and was nominated for Best Jazz Group and Best Jazz Album in the 2020 Nashville Industry Music Awards.
Covid Safety Precautions
- Audience members, performers, students and teachers will be asked to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within the preceding 72 hours of event or class.
- As an alternative, a person may volunteer proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- A person may submit proof of antibodies as an alternative to a negative COVID-19 test.
- Masks are required for all patrons, with the exception of children under age 2.
The Nashville Jazz Workshop takes other precautions for patron and student safety:
- Seating for performances is reduced to 68 from full capacity (82).
- The Nashville Jazz Workshop follows the GOOD TO GO safety program created by The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp, in cooperation with Vanderbilt Health, Ryman Hospitality Properties and SERVPRO.